Some ramblings

So, I have been running Rawhide for a while now. It has been been incredibly surprising that rawhide is so stable! I run Xfce 4.11 from my COPR repo and I have had practically no trouble whatsoever.

One of the things I have wanted to do and still have not "accomplished" is to run qemu-kvm on my T500 laptop. Till date, I have been using Virtualbox for all my VMs - want to switch and as the first step installed qemu packages yesterday along with virt-manager and libvirt. Next is to download some installation images - CentOS 6.5, Fedora 19 and 20. May be Debian as well.

Now, some news - 
  • New versions of xfdashboard are available. The one in testing is 0.1.6 while the one in stable is 0.1.5. I am, of course, running 0.1.6 on both F21 and F20. It works quite fine so far! :)
  • Kevin (nirik) has added xfdashboard and xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin to Fedora Xfce live CD - https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/xfce/2014-March/002031.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful themes for Fedora - update

Beautiful themes for Fedora

Playing with plymouth themes